1. Avoid stepping on the sad scales every day – weigh yourself once a week. We have hormonal fluctuations, changes in water balance, eating food etc that means our weight changes constantly. Choose one day, weigh yourself in the morning after waking up.
2. Avoid looking in the mirror after eating – “I look so bloated after that meal, I must be intolerant to something”. Something I hear a lot. No, you aren’t bloated. You just have food in your stomach that NATURALLY causes distention. The food doesn’t just disappear. It sits in the belly waiting to be digested.
3. Avoid training abs every day – training abs won’t give you a flat stomach, and training them every day is just going to give you back issues.
4. Avoid excessive cardio (probably causing more harm than good due to cortisol)
5. Avoid your fear of weights! – You’re not going to look like the hulk just from lifting 2kg above your head… Weight training to BUILD muscle takes a LOT more than that
6. Avoid the fat burners, ketones, CLA tabs etc – these (unless given to you strictly by a doctor/trainer for a particular reason) aren’t going to do naff all for you. Get advice on things like this!